May 2023 Work Party
Saturday’s work party, consisting of 9 volunteers, did 68.5 hours of work on the Dava Way. It was very successful with most of the planned work being satisfactorily completed or progressed as follows:
- Drainage ditching and install inspection chamber covers in the Cairn Eney cutting.
- Surface improvements at north end of the Cairn Eney Cutting (4 tonnes sub-base & 2 tonnes quarry dust).
- Cleaned 300m of ditch on the west side of the Bantrach cutting.
Additional unplanned Work:
Other points to note:
- No injuries or near misses were reported
- Further drainage work required in the Cairn Eney cutting south end to dry the path and the large pot holes need infilling.
- Further path surface improvements required in the Cairn Eney Cutting.
- The Lochenoun gate padlock is seized closed and needs to be fixed or replaced before the Ghost Train Walk on 24th June.