November 2022 Work Party
November 12th work party consisting of 10 volunteers did 61 hours of work on the Dava Way. It was very successful with all the planned work being satisfactorily completed as follows:
- Replacement of rotten steps at Mannachie Avenue access point.
- Replacement of rotten bottom steps at Mannachie Farm Bridge access point.
- Topping up sub-base at replacement steps, as required.
Additional unplanned Work:
- Windblown tree removed from path in the Lynmacgregor woods near Grantown-on-Spey
- Dangerous tree leaning over path north of the Huntley’s Cave cutting, felled by hand and removed.
- 8 self closing gates between Glaschoil Farm and Bantrach cutting, inspected, adjusted and lubricated, as necessary.
- Seized DW1 padlock at the Dragoon crossing, freed up and lubricated.
- New DW5 padlock fitted to the Bantrach access gate.
Other points to note:
- No injuries or near misses were reported
- Hinge post on Glaschoil farm north gate partially rotten