November 2023 Work Party
The work party for 18th November 2023 consisted of 9 volunteers and carried out 72 hours of work at the northern end of the Foxhill cutting, one mile north of Dava and in the woodland area north of the Huntly’s Cave cutting. It was very successful with all of the planned work being satisfactorily completed:
- 30m of new path surface was laid and compacted at the north end of the Foxhill Cutting (3.7 tonnes of quarry material used).
- Encroaching trees felled, or cut back in the wooded area north of the Huntly’s Cave Cutting to facilitate path realignment away from the ravine edge and to improve and maintain the railway drainage system.
Additional unplanned Work:
- Some drainage work in the Foxhill Cutting to improve water flow at the north end.
- Some ditching work north of Huntly’s cave cutting to drain standing water on the the path.
Other points to note:
- No injuries or near misses were reported
- Minor drainage and path work north of the Half Way Hut required to remove mud and standing water from the path.
- Major drainage and path work north of just Dava required to remove mud and standing water from the path.
- A further 30m of trackbed is ready for a new surface to be laid at the Foxhill Cutting.
- Drainage work and path work in the Huntly’s Cave Cutting required to remove mud and standing water from the path.